It’s been a few years since I’ve been at Helvellyn and Ullswater for Lakeland Trails so doing my pre-planning early to be sure that I know where I’m supposed to be going! Hopefully I should be able to put my thoughts onto a good set of photographs. This blog post is a bit old but give’s you an idea of the weekend, lets hope 2016 and 2017 are sunny!
Well today I have packed most of my wet weather clothing, shoes, umbrella and the weather radar just looks blue! I should stay dry.
A few photos before the start and then I walked to the 10km position, a slightly different one to last time. Further on from the position the last times I had been there, more tarn in the background and a bit more open, lots of nice photos there and near the very end some sunshine.
Moving onto the 15km was a nice little walk, in the dry thankfully. The runners enjoyed seeing me on the trail, it was still raining there and got a bit dark occasionally.
There has been lots of rain today and not too warm, although most of the runners though I was cold, in fact I was a good temperature and quite dry :) apart from my inov-8 shoes for some reason.
I’ve walked 11.17km’s mostly in the rain. More of that tomorrow, lots to dry off and re-prepare for another nice event.
An interesting day out today around the trails of Ullswater, with plenty of rain that didn’t defeat me. Going to chill out tonight before the mass editing of the Helvellyn trail for upload tomorrow and then the Ullswater trail will be uploaded on Tuesday. Can’t wait for all of my kit to dry out over the next couple of days!
Yes this weekend was a wet one, little did we know it was the start of the flooding which broke parts of Cumbria and Yorkshire in the following weeks.
Comments and photographs from the weekend:
- Cheers James – definitely captured the wet look I was going for!!
- Having done one hour in rain yesterday I’m in awe of you!
- Thank you for being out there this weekend James! Very much appreciated
- Well done James, thank you
- Well done you and Thank you for braving the elements, it was hard enough to run in, let alone to stand there and
- Superstar :)
- what an absolute trooper!!
- Can’t wait for the pics! Well done for braving the elements :)
- Thanks James ‘Jumpy’ Kirby you are a star x
- Fantastic photos-thanks a lot James!
- Cracking photos James as always and in testing conditions!! Another brilliant Lakeland Trails weekend!!
- Brilliant photographs. Thank you James
- Thanks James. Great pictures.
- Great pics!!
- Thank you, James. You’re a star and we really appreciate what you do.
- Thanks James & hope the kit has finally dried out
- Great photos, great work. Thank you, James :-)
- They were great pictures, thank you!
- Thanks James love my photos. You are a star x
- Thank you James, great photography :-)
- These pics are great, thank you, Brings back the joy and the pain of being so wet!
- And amazing job by James kirby as ever-great photos in a monsoon!
- Yes indeed. The photos are a wonderful record of the weekend. Sterling work in vile weather.
- James, your tenacity is outstanding!! thanks so much for braving the elements so that we can prove to our friends and families that we did actually do it, and didn’t just fall in a lake somewhere!! see you next year for more of the same x
- Excellent photos from a great race… you deserve a medal for taking these in that weather!
- Everyone smiling despite the wind & rain, thanks for all the great photos at the Lakeland Trails events this year.
- James you are a star. Always fab pics! Thank you.